Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Never Years

The following passage is taken from a book called The Power of Motherhood: What the Bible says about Mothers by Nancy Campbell.  I loved it so much that I ripped the page right out of the book and stuck it on my fridge today!!  
In this book she relays the thoughts of a friend:
 "These are the never years.  Never enough money, never enough time, never enough sleep- but always enough love.  The sweetest kiss of a baby; the toothpaste flavored kiss of a child on his way to school, the sleepy kiss of a husband who is just as tired as you.
  These are the busy years, the wonderful, hectic, impossible years.  Soon the children will be grown and I'll have plenty of time to organize my house, to sew and cultivate outside interests.  I wonder if is will be as wonderful as I sometimes dream it will?  Or am I in the middle of the wonderful years...right now?"

To all those finding joy in the messes today!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder!!! I needed to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I needed it too!
    love ya
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must get this book, that is so true. it is just hard remembering it, sometimes!!!

    ReplyDelete